Tag: Architecture

  • Weekly Update – May 19, 2023

    I never thought I’d say this, but it felt great to get back to bug fixing this week. Procedural generation is my favorite part of roguelike development, but after four months of working almost exclusively on history generation, I was eager for a change. It was very satisfying to focus on making the main game…

  • Weekly Update – May 5, 2023

    Huge progress this week. The website was redesigned, Unity was upgraded (first time in over two years), and there were many history/map generation improvements. Next week, I’ll fix the issues introduced by upgrading Unity, add more history generation event types, and address open bugs in the main game loop.

  • Weekly Update – April 14, 2023

    I had a burst of motivation this week fueled by small victories and growing awareness of how much work I need to do to complete history generation. Next week should be rework-free, allowing me to concentrate on testing and refining history generation. There is one open issue that may be challenging to fix: events with…

  • Weekly Update – April 7, 2023

    Rework dominated the week. It was necessary to address uncovered limitations in the history generator. Next week, I’ll add more history event types and continue testing and refining history generation.

  • Weekly Update – March 24, 2023

    This week was a grind. Every time I fixed a bug in the history generator, a new bug appeared on the next run. When I found the source of a bug, I made quick and direct fixes without regard to code quality or architecture, resulting in some ugly branching and repetition. I had my reasons…