Tag: Procedural Generation

  • Weekly Update – April 5, 2024

    This week, I began balancing the levels to be included in the upcoming demo. It became evident that more fine-grained content selection was needed to achieve a smoother difficulty curve and greater variation between levels. This led to unplanned and somewhat difficult coding (the first bullet). The demo MVP status is as follows: Next week,…

  • Weekly Update – January 12, 2024

    Of late, it feels like I’m building an actual game rather than an ever-expanding engine or tech demo. It’s a good feeling. More improvements and bug fixes stemming from the playtest were completed this week. Next week, I’ll keep working through high priority bugs. I also want to start to add more interactivity to existing…

  • 2023 Year in Review

    Goals Improved Dungeon Stocking: 90% complete. I spent the majority of the year on this goal, developing history generation and Map Components to more intelligently place content on the map. Map generation is finally sophisticated enough to do everything I’ve envisioned since I started working on this game. Improved Performance: 80% complete. This goal pertained…

  • Weekly Update – December 22, 2023

    This week was a mix of new content, minor history/map generation enhancements, and bug fixes resulting from my playtesting of Bandit Hideouts. Next week, I’ll work on the errors and exceptions I came across during my playtesting this week. I may even let some other people in my house play…

  • Weekly Update – December 15, 2023

    I worked on the Bandit Hideout this week. It’s coming together but needs more content and quality control. Examples below. History generation performance has gotten terrible (10 seconds). Randomly selecting a history event is an O(n!) operation for each event type, each turn of the history generator. I added the map and map graph images…