|Launch ETA||Nov 2022|
|Current Phase||3 of 5 (goal: working full game demo)|
|Current Phase ETA||Nov 2021|
|August 2021 Goals||Screen Layouts: 100%; Hotbar: 95%; Abilities Panel: 75%|
This Week’s Achievements
- Hotbar. The Hotbar is fully functional. Items and abilities can be dragged to and from the Hotbar. The default behavior for the item/ability can then be used by clicking the Hotbar slot containing the item/ability.
- Inventory drag and drop. Inventory items can now be rearranged by dragging and dropping. Items are now equipped and unequipped by dragging in and out of equipment slots rather than having to inspect the item and press the Equip/Unequip button.
- Tooltips. Hovering over an item or ability now displays a description.
- Abilities Window. Players can now see their abilities and use them either from the Abilities window or by dragging onto the Hotbar.
- Reformatted screens for 16:9 aspect ratio and made some additional layout improvements.
- Refined UI elements. I added some more visual flair to panels and buttons.
Next Week’s Goals
Next week, to complete the August goals, I need to implement save/load for the Hotbar and finish up the Abilities Panel. Then it’s on to the September features: enemy alerts, abilities, sound effects (first iteration), and Character and Options windows.