Architecture and code design for history procedural generation is 75% complete. History generation is turning out to be a feature that seemed simple at an abstract level but has proven to be very difficult at a concrete level. It wasn’t part of the original vision, but I had considered it early on and chosen to exclude it because I didn’t think it was necessary. My opinion only recently changed, when I realized that dungeon stocking needed to be more contextual. Now history generation is a must-have, though I’m still uncertain about how well it will work in practice.
Next week, I’ll start history generation coding.