This week I completed the map generation visualizer. I made a short video to demonstrate. This is best viewed frame-by-frame if you want to get into the details of each step. I’ll create a longer video with commentary at some point.
I fixed a bunch of bugs in the map generator and map generation visualizer. It’s amazing how much faster I’ve been able to spot and fix bugs after overhauling the map generator and being able to see the exact step at which an issue occurs in the visualizer.
Next week, I’m going to add some new map content – new room types, new interactive objects, improved locked door/key placement.