Having several large, distraction-free blocks of time was a huge productivity boost this week. I haven’t had that over the past month. History generation progress continued to accelerate. The current capabilities are:
- History event types, created using the Unity Inspector.
- Logical sequencing of events via preconditions: conditions that must be satisfied for the event to be used
- Event type text templates: the event type expressed in a human-readable statement, with placeholders for world state entities that can be bound to the event
- Event placeholder to world state entity binding, with entity selection criteria
- Support for the following world state entity types: map sections, map elements (rooms, decor), factions, actors, objects, and items
- World state generation from events
What’s still needed:
- Map population from world state
- World state entity injection into map elements
- Additional world state entity attributes
Next week, the “What’s still needed” bullets are the goal.